Monday, July 29, 2013


email received April 7, 2013

We watch confernece next weekend so I'm so excited! I think all of our inactives and invesitgators are sick of hearing me say it. But I told our president's daughter about  ice cream sundaes and she loved the idea. I think we get to watch the young womens conference with her while everyone watches priesthood so I may sneak ice cream into the church.
 
Also, I just found out I can spend more time on internet and write people of the same sex so you can tell people to email me now:) 
 
This week has been awesome with Sister Ferguson! My brain has readjusted to speaking English, and I think my liver appreciates the break from the advil.  But I have been shocked at how well we get by without older missionaries. It's true that when you need the Russian it will come! I'm finding that lessons and converations with people are easier and that I may not have any bigger of a vocab but that I can understand enough of the idea to answer questions, etc.
 
Fun story: this morning our power went out. I said "thats ok, even missionaries have to deal with power outages when there are storms". Sis Ferguson replied "there is no storm right now Sister Allison" It was funny, maybe you had to be there. But it has snowed everyday for the past 4 days or so so i guess April shower right?? I may be forced to buy different boots for rain, since the snow now melts at the end of the day...
 
This week has been an awesome time to evaluate how we both want to go about doing the work, different goals we have, how we can work together as a companionship, etc. I'm super excited to be working with Sister Ferguson and think it will really be a blessing for the work. Yesterday we fasted for a baptism in April and while I'm not sure if its going to be with an investigator we have now or someone we havent met yet, I have faith that it's happening!!! I was reading in Helaman 4 and 5 I think, and there are awesome promises given to Nephi and I know the Lord looks out for His missionaries! I have literally been able to feel how he helps and strengthens me, especailly in these last few weeks without Sister Huber. Especially at this time of year, I'm grateful for the Atonement and the opportunity I have to repent and become better everyday! And to live with the best family in the world forever! I love you all!
 
Sister Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment